What a wonderful tour this was – both of us together with Elli Christella across Europe. For six months we were on the road, from the Danish coast via Sweden, Norway, to Poland, through the Ukraine via Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia to the Mediterranean across Italy, over to France, Spain, Portugal and then back on the French west coast.
Six months of road tripping in a hybrid camper – rebuilt by Moritz and us.
With hiking and swimming, delicious food, loud music, audio books and real books, familiar and unfamiliar villages, towns, regions, new and old friends, endless conversations and happy silences. And lots of fresh air.
Best vacation. Ever.
– Original version: German –
Wishes and hopes behind the image of the future:
1. “For the future of tourism I hope that…”
1) …it is no longer based on a global North-South divide;
2) …it enables nature experiences without destroying nature;
3) it removes borders for all people.
2. “If I could wish for anything at all, I would…”
find new forms of tourism that would allow us to enjoy nature without destroying it, to have intercultural contacts at eye level, to have tools that make me aware of sustainable tourism.
3. “If I were a powerful politician, I would…”
abolish passports and border controls and allow real freedom of travel. For all.